Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Day!

Today had some highs and lows. With the snow came class cancelation for Duncan. On a normal Friday, this would mean we get to spend the day together! However, there is a Officer/Staff Retreat at North Avenue this weekend, so I had to traverse the icy roads and get a few things ready for the retreat today. Unfortunately, on the way to the car, I, of course, slipped on the ice and slid down the few steps from our front door to the parking lot. While I am okay (other than a sore back side), I did manage to dump my tea all over myself. This was sad for many reasons. One, my tea was good, and then gone. Two, some of the tea hit my new coat. I think I got most of it off, but I think it's going to require a good dry-cleaning. Three, I fell on my new purse and ripped a seam a bit... and of course, it was covered in tea. It's in the dryer now, and I'm hoping I can hand-stitch it into repair. But the situation is still sad. However, as I am okay, I guess I can't complain too much.

On try to leave the apartment number two, I brought Duncan with me. So I guess we did spend the whole day together! I'm nearing the end of "Not For Sale," and it's just an incredible book. So, I think I'm doing a good job on the Book List. Here's the upcoming reads:

JAN: Not For Sale
FEB: One Hundred Years of Solitude
MAR: Pillars of the Earth
APR: East of Eden

MAY: The Red Tent
JUN: Sex, Drugs, & Cocoa Puffs
JUL: Brother Karamazov (will probably stretch longer than month :))
AUG: The Prodigal God
SEP: The Cost of Discipleship
OCT: Anna Karenina
NOV: Simple Church
DEC: Pilgrim's Progress

Some of these might switch in order, but that's the list!

Lastly, today is the birthday of my awesome dad. I love him so much, and I'm glad to be able to celebrate him today!


2 comments:

oakleyses said...

tiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg boots, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, birkin bag, valentino shoes, canada goose, reebok outlet, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, uggs, hollister, ugg australia, ghd, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ugg boots clearance, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose, bottega veneta, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg, instyler, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, north face jackets, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans shoes, celine handbags, mont blanc, p90x, ugg boots