Wednesday, December 31, 2008

2008 Recap Survey

Stolen from a myspace post, I thought I'd recap 2008 for the Meadows using this probably non-relevant format.

** 2008 is almost over; what have you done?**

Lost a friend?
Lost a grandfather, whose gentle spirit was always friendly... he never met a stranger!


Kissed someone new?
Better not!! Okay, maybe a new kitten.


Had a stalker?
Not that I'm aware of, but stalkers are sly, right? So who knows?


Cut class?
I'll answer for Duncan: YES. But I'm sure he had legit reasons.


Were involved in something you'll never forget?
How about the most beautiful wedding and amazing honeymoon ever? Yes, 2008 may be the most unforgettable year for us ever.


Visited a different country?
Jamaica. And we at least constantly think of Ireland.

Lost something important to you?
We lost Rudy the Ford Focus this year, but he was replaced with the lovely Humphrey PT Cruiser, so all is well.


Got a gift you adore?
Many, I'm sure. Can't even count all of the awesome wedding gifts, or the wedding or honeymoon...

Tripped over a coffee table?
I don't know, but Duncan does hit his head on the oven hood fairly often.


Dyed your hair?
Yes, I have. Duncan, not so much. His hair is still recovering from my "first haircut."


Came close to losing your life?
Not that I'm aware of...

Read a great book?
Maybe Duncan has? I've been not reading books in entirety as of late. Lame? Yes.


Saw one of your favorite bands/artists live?
We saw Jakob Dylan, and it was awesomely good, including the crazy woman sitting behind us that literally screamed, "Jakob, can we ask you a question?!?", a question which he promptly ignored.

Did you break up with anyone?
We broke up with cable. Cold turkey. Except for the occasional indulgence when visiting elsewhere...

Were you broken up with?
Duncan, has anyone broken up with us? I don't think so. I think we're still in good standing with most.

Did you get anything for Valentine's day?
A visit to the Fox to see the ballet (sigh... to be read romantically) and a trip to the Atlanta Botanical Garden. Very nice. I think I got Duncan something, but I can't remember, so it must not have been that great... sorry :) WAIT-- that's when we got the scooter, so um, Duncan got the most awesome Valentine's Day present.


Did you meet anyone special?
I've made AMAZING friends at work. Duncan is meeting fabulous people at school and work as well.


Did you fall in love?
We've been in love, duh. But don't we fall more in love every day?


Do you like someone right now?
I like a lot of people. Oh, survey, did you mean like-like? Because I definitely like-like my husband.


**2008: Friends and Enemies**

Did you meet any new friends this year?
Didn't I already answer this question? Oh well. Let the record show "YES."

Did you dislike anyone?
Yes. However, I'm working on recognizing them as a loved child of God. It's harder than it seems. Duncan, anyone you dislike? Probably not, you gentle soul.


Did you make any new enemies?
Gluten. Gluten is my enemy.


Did you resolve any fights?
I don't think so? I don't think I had any to resolve. Duncan, probably in the same boat.

Who are your closest friends?
Duncan and Moki. Is that sad? But I think Duncan would say the same. I have been pretty bad about keeping up with all of my loves as of late, but they know I'm sorry (I hope). I'm going to venture I guess that Duncan is the same as if he is doing better at keeping up, he does it while I'm away.

Do you have any regrets when it comes to your friendships?
Yes. I just plain suck at keeping in touch. But to all of you who feel jipped, please know I facebook stalk you all the time and do try to keep up with what is in your life. My phone doesn't work in Decatur except on a rare occasion, so please e-mail me. Seriously, I respond asap. Duncan, you should comment or edit these, because I just can't answer this one for you.


**2008: Your BIRTHDAY!**

Did you have a cake?
I don't think we had cakes for either of our birthdays. It's a little harder with the gluten-free diet, though not impossible

Did you have a party?
Not for either one of us. Wow, we're fuddy-duddies.


Did you get any presents?
Duncan got a meal at Taco Mac, a Thrashers Game, and some little other odds and ends. I was taken to a little "Irish Christmas" concert at Eddie's attic, plus the most awesome and wonderful necklace ever. The end.

If so what was the best thing you got?
Um, I so already answered this. Duncan, what was the best thing you got? The t-shirt you earned at Taco Mac?

**2008: All about YOU**

Did you change at all this year?
Duncan and I both grew up a bit this year. Being thrust into adult life both by supporting ourselves and, well, marriage can really change you. But I think we've responded in positive ways :)


Did you get your hair cut?
Who doesn't cut their hair for an entire year? Of course we had haircuts! I even had $60 haircuts... and Duncan even had FREE haircuts.


Did you change your style?
Duncan secretly wants to dress vintage. I know it. He hasn't made the switch yet, but we'll see.


Were you in school?
Duncan was, and I, thankfully, was not.


Did you get good grades?
Those are still coming in. But at least a 3.0?


Did you have a job?
Yes... a career even. Duncan has had two food-related jobs and yet maintained his weight. Isn't that something to be proud of?


Did you drive?
Yes. Cars and a scooter.


Did anyone close to you give birth?
I don't think so? I'll feel bad if someone has now, but I haven't held any babies this year.

Did you move at all?
Yes, twice! Once to Midtown, and once to Decatur, both grand experiences.


Did you go on any vacations?
Honeymoon, we tried to go camping, and a sweet little trip to Florida just a few weeks ago.



**2008: 2009**

Was 2008 a good year?
2008 was the most amazing year I've ever had (Duncan, too, I'm sure).


Do you think 2009 will top 2008?
I don't know how it can! But I'll have high hopes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't change a thing... can't wait to see what 2009 brings!

Love, Duncan

Ben said...

I'm going to venture a wild guess that this survey was meant for someone who was still in school and unmarried. But that just makes your responses funnier.

oakleyses said...

tiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg boots, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, birkin bag, valentino shoes, canada goose, reebok outlet, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, uggs, hollister, ugg australia, ghd, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ugg boots clearance, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose, bottega veneta, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg, instyler, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, north face jackets, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans shoes, celine handbags, mont blanc, p90x, ugg boots

oakleyses said...

vconverse shoes, swarovski, ray ban, moncler, louboutin, montre homme, ralph lauren, vans, hollister, moncler, air max, iphone 6 cases, moncler, canada goose uk, toms shoes, air max, ugg, karen millen, lancel, ugg, baseball bats, juicy couture outlet, hollister, links of london, moncler, moncler, gucci, moncler outlet, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, canada goose, pandora charms, rolex watches, pandora charms, parajumpers, hollister clothing store, timberland boots, moncler, converse, juicy couture outlet, wedding dresses, coach outlet store online, canada goose, thomas sabo, oakley, swarovski crystal, supra shoes