Wednesday, December 3, 2008

So, it looks like we're really doing this thing...

... as in, the blog. I forgot how much fun (or maybe just therapeutic?) it is to type out what's going on in life.

Today was the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra Concert at North Avenue. I was a little nervous about how many people were going to be there. We publicized within the church, and I went to a few local business and handed out flyers... and listed it on some websites, but I didn't feel like it was really all that much. However, I had the ingenious idea to e-mail Kevin and Taylor at the Fish and let them know the ASO was giving a free concert, and they announced it twice on the air today; once it was even the teaser for the news! I was so excited they mentioned it. I don't know if anyone even came due to that, but I was proud! Many thanks to them.

The church was all a-buzz this morning... tons of people floating everywhere! Mom even came down on her lunch break. We ended up having more than 500 people, so it was pretty packed. I can't remember the last time I heard the ASO, definitely more than a decade. And they were oh-so-good. The music was just excellent, and I believe I am now officially in the Christmas spirit!

I even got about five things crossed off my to-do list in an hour this afternoon. That is a real gift from God because I often times have trouble crossing anything off my list! AND I was able to leave only 20 minutes late instead of an hour and half+.

In short, today was a good day.

Now, for perhaps the highlight of the day (as if all these good things were not enough). This Sunday will be Lessons & Carols at NAPC (the story of Christmas as told through scripture and song) and I was asked to find a new piece of artwork to put on the cover of the program. I spent about 20 minutes looking for some nativity or adoration of the magi artwork (old of course to avoid copyright laws). I came upon this gem:




I'm sorry, it's creepy and gross. However, I found it so incredibly hilarious, I just had to share it. Turns out that 100% of the artwork I looked at had some weird element, i.e. show-tune hands, baby is actually a small man, miniature people featured, glowing crucifixes in the background, and other generally creepy things lurking somewhere. So, I have yet to find a piece of artwork that I think will work. Suggestions are welcome. More hilarious art is also welcome, though it won't be on the cover of the program. :)


When asked if he had anything to report, Duncan said no. However, I will report for him. He is his last week of the first semester of seminary. Hurrah! AND he is reading scripture as part of the program on Sunday, putting those skills to use from his scripture reading class.

To end this blog entry, I leave you with a photo of holiday Moki... enjoy :)