Wednesday, July 4, 2007

I'm Alive

Hello all! This is Whitney- still at home, trying to recoup from the illness. It is a slow go. Luckily, the day following the doctor's appointment the body aches and fever seemed to go away. However, the sore throat is still just as bad. It's one of those things where when you wake up- you think, is today the day?!? And then I swallow, and sadly find out- no, it still feels like a dagger through my neck.

The good news is that I have had no reaction to the meds, so it's not mono! And the antibiotics are pretty strong, so I'm hoping that they will kick in soon. While they are wreaking havoc on my stomach, I am sure that within a few days I'll be back to my old self.

I got an e-mail this morning from Helen, my hilarious co-intern. She said she hoped I was "sick" and really traveling because, as she put it, "tonsillitis is a bitch." It's good to have coworkers who care :)

The worst part is being stuck in the apartment 24/7 with no tv. It's hard to pass 10 hours alone with only so many movies I can watch. I finished reading Jane Eyre, so I may have to scrounge around and see what else I can find. I watched Finding Nemo this morning, and have plans to watch When Harry Met Sally for the second time in 48 hours this afternoon. You know that scene when Sally asks Harry what he's going to do the rest of the night, and he says, "Oh, just sit around and moan..." That's kind of how I feel :) But once the pain in the throat goes away, all should be well. I did find a website that has links to tons of tv shows to watch on-line (I watched 3 Sex and the City episodes last night), but they take a while to load. Today I'm leaning towards a Seinfield viewing.

Well, happy Independence Day! I think they are throwing us a little party here, so hopefully I can at least stop by- though I can't want to contaminate the scene :) Also, happy 1st Birthday to Isabelle (as I know she reads this faithfully). I hope she is wearing a birthday bandanna today.

Now I'm off to attempt to refute some arguments about homosexuality left on one of my facebook posts. At least I can try to be productive while staying in bed :)

Love you all-

Whitney

6 comments:

whit said...

At least you brought a movie that is so grand it can be viewed multiple times in a day. There is no better film than When Harry Met Sally. "I hear baby fish mouth is sweeping the country." haha. I'm glad you're feeling somewhat better. Good arguments on facebook too by the way. Love ya

Unknown said...

if you have them, i suggest following up with hope floats and the notebook.

Unknown said...

this is jen by the way, not stephen. i'm just using his computer.

dmw said...

Hey Baby - Just mom sending you warm wishes to feel better. I hope that you can start feeling back to your old self tomorrow. We sure enjoyed seeing you on iChat this morning. You look beautiful even when you're sick :)

Please give our love to Duncan.

We will send pics from Issie's birthday party.

Love...Mom

P.S. - Albert is definitely feeling better...he may not even have to go to the vet...we will keep you updated.

oakleyses said...

vtiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg boots, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, birkin bag, valentino shoes, canada goose, reebok outlet, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, uggs, hollister, ugg australia, ghd, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ugg boots clearance, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose, bottega veneta, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg, instyler, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, north face jackets, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans shoes, celine handbags, mont blanc, p90x, ugg boots