Thursday, July 12, 2007

Second to Last Day at Work

Hello everyone!

Well, I am here by myself because Duncan is working late tonight at a "sports night" for the kids. He should be home in an hour or so though. However, I guess the update is left to me!

Firstly, I had some very entertaining conversations with my coworkers about American things. We talked about American tv shows and how many commercial breaks there are. Helen said she didn't know how we watched tv that way, and that often times American shows would run for 40 minutes on Irish tv (meaning we lose 20 minutes to commercials when we're viewing). I mentioned that some people watch the Super bowl just for the commercials, and everyone in the office was outraged. They thought that was ridiculous. Helen said she watched the Super bowl a few years ago and that it was horrendously boring. Then we talked about how American sports are boring because they are continually stopped for all of the rules and regulations... and how if you barely touch someone it is a foul (and after watching just a few minutes of any Irish sporting match, you will know why they think that ridiculous). Fiach said he rather liked ice hockey- I told him that it was pretty much the most violent of sports we watch, and that was probably why he liked it.

In other news, I looked up the forecast for the cities Duncan and I will be visiting next week, and while sunny, it is HOT! Florence is supposed to get up to 105°!! We've grown accustomed to the mid sixties. Today it got up to about 70 and it felt pretty hot to me. That's kind of sad- but true. So, in my shock, and realization that I had packed only one pair of WHITE shorts, I ran down to the "cheap" store and picked up and extra pair. I also got a new purse because the one I have now doesn't have a zipper. I've heard about those pick-pockets in Italy... and Spain, so I'm trying to get prepared!

Last night Duncan and I pretty much exhausted the Office episodes available online, so tonight I have moved to My Name is Earl. It is truly hard to get by without a tv.

We would gladly receive any recommendations anyone has for things to do or see while in our last week of travels. As we don't have much time in any particular place, we're pretty much planning to do the average tourist stuff... hate being one, but what can you do?

I send my love to everyone- please pray for safe travels and we're looking forward to seeing everyone on the other side of the pond!

<3
Whitney

6 comments:

MSM said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
MSM said...

Soon you will be leaving fair Ireland for more adventures. Hard to believe your stay in Ireland is almost over. But you will be back soon. Looking forward to that. Be safe and have fun. Things are fine here. Have site visits and interviews today, we'ge going to attend National Testing Day tomorrow (quite a big deal) and Sunday, finally, we plan to go to Zanzibar.
Much love to you both.

DMW said...

My prayer for your safe travel started the minute we left you two at the Atlanta airport.

I'm sure that this next leg of your trip will be so much fun and very memorable...can't wait to see pictures.

Sending much love....

whit said...

enjoy the heat!!! Have fun traveling the globe - or at least western europe. I LOVE YOU and miss you!!! I cannot wait to get back home!!

oakleyses said...

tiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg boots, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, birkin bag, valentino shoes, canada goose, reebok outlet, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, uggs, hollister, ugg australia, ghd, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ugg boots clearance, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose, bottega veneta, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg, instyler, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, north face jackets, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans shoes, celine handbags, mont blanc, p90x, ugg boots