Friday, June 29, 2007

The Adventure of Whitney and Kelly

Well, I'm "baching it," as we say in the Williams home, tonight. Duncan is gone for the weekend at a camp with the kiddies. It's really quite adorable. He called me earlier and I heard a child calling for him (I know, it warms the heart). I am glad to report that he is near to full health again. I don't know if it was the antibiotics or the 'health pellets', but he has made a very speedy recovery after taking medicine.

Knowing that I would no longer have my other half, I gladly took the chance to spend some time with Kelly. She and I are so alike, I wonder how we weren't friends sooner in life. Anyhow, we met up after work for Mexican food- a risk here seeing as Mexico is no longer just south of the border. The one little place I found on-line proved to be much harder to find in real life. After concluding that it was not at the address once thought, we decided to try to find one that Kelly had seen last week. The great thing about Dublin is that you can wander and end up somewhere... almost always. Seriously, we took a right and found a "Mexican" or Southwest restaurant, though a bit swankier than the one we had originally sought out. This one was attached to a hotel, but they had fajitas that came with sour cream and salsa, and that was enough for me!

After a brief wait in line at the ATM (and an attempt to avoid the drunken man sitting next to ATM asking -I think- for money), we headed in. We decided to order nachos and fajitas and split the two.

Nachos were a horrible choice. They were more like American nachos... you know, the nasty cheese, "chili beef"... yeah, not too pretty. But if I'm going to pay 20 American bucks for a meal, I'll be damned if I don't eat it.

Sadly, I am paying for that attitude now.

Anyhow, we enjoyed the dinner and after waiting about half an hour after they cleared our table before anyone bothered to bring a check, we eventually were able to pay and head for home. Wait staff is definitely not as attentive here as back home, but that's ok. It was just more time to have fun.

We decided to watch a movie when we got home- Funny Face with Fred Astaire and Audrey Hepburn. That is a very funny movie. I think I understand why they dubbed Audrey's voice in My Fair Lady now. Kelly and I thought that Duncan and I should incorporate a few things from the movie into the wedding. For example, it would be pretty grand if my entrance into the chapel was on a giant swing with dress and veil flowing behind me. Also, after our "you may now kiss the bride" kiss, there must be an awkwardly forceful embrace... and then we should float down Swan Lake on a plank of wood that can be mistaken for an alligator from a distance.

So, in other words, we had fun watching the movie.

We did have to stop half-way through to run downstairs to the Spar and see if they sold anything remotely resembling tums. Darn those nachos. We found some (that fizzle in your mouth by the way). I would like to share a photo of the box with you. Please notice the third ailment that can be treated...

They are so much more polite here :)

It was a good night for laughter and girlishness.

Duncan has been very sweet and left me little surprises around the apartment that I find here and there. I miss coming home to his sweet face which only confirms that I would be miserable here without him! Thank goodness he came :)

Love you all-
Whitney

5 comments:

Nicole said...

Glad you had fun! Durn those nachos!

MSM said...

Ah, girls' night out (or in?). Glad to hear all are well.

whit said...

What?!? You never mentioned that you watched Funny Face! How dare you view a Fred Astaire film without me? Even if he does float off into the sunset on a random plank of wood. Hope you have fun in house or whatever you said it was. Sorry about the abrupt end to the phone call, I was being harrassed by a Target employee.

oakleyses said...

tiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg boots, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, birkin bag, valentino shoes, canada goose, reebok outlet, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, uggs, hollister, ugg australia, ghd, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ugg boots clearance, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose, bottega veneta, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg, instyler, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, north face jackets, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans shoes, celine handbags, mont blanc, p90x, ugg boots