Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Ashes to ashes....

No, Duncan is not dead.

My shoes are. Their soles have, unfortunately, departed. I love these shoes... not quite as much as the beloved flip-flops that almost met a similar fate earlier in the trip, but these were darn good shoes. I knew they were slowly fading, but I was quite shocked when I realized today would be their last day with me.

They will be greatly missed.

And I also have the predicament, should I buy more? I wear them nearly every day as they are my one good pair of dress shoes... I wanted to buy another pair just like them once I returned home, and I do not want to pack new ones. We will see if any great deals come my way. I suppose that will be the deciding factor.

Duncan went to the doctor today. He has bronchitis and is now taking antibiotics (and homeopathic health pellets that I brought home today!) He spent about €90 today, but it was well worth it to kick his ailment in the arse. He says he feels a little better than he did last night, though not by much. I would like to comment that I think the only Irish thing I have inherited is the immune system. I seem to be flourishing here!

Today was better at work. I am not sure if it was because I felt comfortable finding things to do on my own (like playing around with some photo correction) or if it was the hilarious e-mails I received from Helen. She bought a MP3/ voice recording/ spy watch on ebay... for no good reason other than the fact that there were 30 seconds left on the auction. Quite funny that girl is. I also had my visit from Dr. Benzel from Berry. My supervisor only had wonderful things to say about me, which was a nice self-esteem boost. He said I was a very valuable member of the team and they weren't sure what they would do when I left.

Duncan also met with Dr. Benzel. He said it was fine-- they chatted and the like. Dora, you would be glad to know that Dr. Benzel is taking photos of all of us at our work places. I said, "Did Dora put you up to this?" But at least we'll have pictures to advertise with next year.

I tried to take a picture of a funny dog specifically for the blog today. He was sitting on top of brick column at the end of a driveway. He was just sitting there, just to be king of all he surveyed, I suppose. It was quite humorous, but by the time I fished my camera out of my bag, he had hopped down.

Also to make this a wonderful day, I found a Mexican restaurant that Kelly and I are going to visit on Friday. Is it sad that I miss MEXICAN food most out of my American diet?

An Irish man chatted with Duncan today at the pharmacy. He asked Duncan if he saw the match last night and mistook Duncan for an Irishman, asking what part of the country he came from (the standard conversation starters here). Duncan replied that he was actually from the States which peaked the man's interests. Apparently, he really wants to go out West and see the beauty of the western states, but then Duncan's medicine was ready and they had to shake hands and depart.
I would like to add that I am tired of hearing hocking noises, and I am sure Duncan is tired of making them. Also, Galway is more popular than I ever would have thought. There is NOWHERE vacant to stay... we're considering borrowing a tent and sleeping on the beach...

Enjoy the photos!




5 comments:

Donna said...

We're so glad that Duncan is on the mend. Maybe he will feel back to his old self by Thursday so that y'all can celebrate your anniversary. And your poor ole shoes...you definitely got your moneys worth out of them! We must go shoe shopping upon your arrival back on north Georgia soil.

Thanks for the photos...we always love pics!

Love to ya both.... :)

MSM said...

Whitney, the shoes died because Duncan wasn't well enough to save them and the gallant stallion we've heard about trotted off in the opposite direction when the hero wasn't there to steer him.
Mistaken for an Irishman, hm? Impressive. Glad to hear D. should be feeling better soon when the antibiotics kick in. Thanks for keeping me updated on the sick son. And, happy 2-year anniversary on Thursday.
<3 (I finally figured out what that means!)

Unknown said...

Poor shoes! They were your fashionable pointy-toed shoes. Looks like we might have to make a trip to Paula's again. It might be nice to buy some shoes there though, kind of as a souvenir. And to Duncan, I hope those meds kick in so you guys can enjoy the rest of your time there.

oakleyses said...

tiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg boots, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, birkin bag, valentino shoes, canada goose, reebok outlet, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, uggs, hollister, ugg australia, ghd, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ugg boots clearance, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose, bottega veneta, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg, instyler, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, north face jackets, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans shoes, celine handbags, mont blanc, p90x, ugg boots