Wednesday, June 13, 2007

"I miss Isabelle."

So today, I didn't really do much at all. The Urban Junction group and leaders had a day trip that I came in a bit to late to get on board for, but that is ok with me-- they had to meet up at 4 am to go up to the airport. I like sleep.

They went to London today, and aren't getting back for another 2 1/2 hours. I can't imagine how tired all the kids and leaders are right now...

Thankfully, though, I don't have to miss too many more of the group activities from this point on. We are going to go hear a speaker from the States named Rob Bell tomorrow, so that should be cool.

My day, though, was rather uneventful. I slept in only until about 8:30, and after my shower and breakfast I walked over to the mall. I picked up a few groceries, and noted how stark and empty it looked.

Later I went into Dublin to find a bookstore. That was miserable-- it was raining pretty hard, so my pants were essentially soaked up to my knees, and my sad little cripple of an umbrella, try as it might, just wasn't doing so well at keeping me dry. So, my explorations were pretty brief, though I did get a book of crossword-type puzzles and a card for my grandmother.

Aside from that, I kept Whitney company via e-mail conversation, and then awaited her homecoming like a young puppy watching the door all day.

Whitney's grumpy from sleepiness right now, so a mumble was all I could get from her when I asked if she wanted to contribute.

Anyway, not a very eventful day, but enjoy anyway. Now, a couple of pictures from the other day...

(Cheers,
Duncan)


This is a picture of the old man and his dog that were playing on the beach outside of the Blackrock DART station. They were a cute pair, so we took a picture.


Tim, I am sorry. His evil has spread, and it knows no borders.

7 comments:

Donna said...

Sounds like a typical Wednesday...hump day... no matter where you are...is usually a good one to wrap up and be done with it!

By the way, Isabelle is going to the puppy beauty-parlor ("You Dirty Dog") on Saturday morning, so she should be in fine form when we talk with (and hopefully see) y'all on Saturday night via the Apple cameras.

whit said...

I am so jealous that you get to hear Rob Bell speak. He has writte a few books that are definitely on my list to read. You should really like him, he does nooma videos that are post modernism or something like that... I'm not smart enough to understand what that means, but they're great. Also, I think it's hilarious that Thomas Kinkade has terrorized Ireland. I'm in Myrtle Beach and laughed that he is in every tourist town... apparently much more than I thought. Hope your Thursday is much more eventful!

Kelly said...

I too am so stinking jealous you get to hear Rob Bell! Whitney told me this morning, and I flipped out. I love him! Take good notes for me!

Unknown said...

i find it funny that the williams family apparently has some animosity towards thomas kinkade, and yet my christmas/birthday (?) gift from them one year was a thomas kinkade umbrella...

Nicole said...

Sorry your dollar umbrella let you down. :( It was worth a try. Wow, a day trip to London! Hope you guys are still enjoying everything there!

oakleyses said...

tiffany and co, michael kors outlet online sale, tory burch outlet, chanel handbags, coach factory outlet, burberry outlet, coach purses, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, oakley sunglasses, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin, michael kors outlet, longchamp handbags, true religion jeans, air max, ray ban sunglasses, nike free, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, kate spade outlet, louboutin, burberry outlet, nike shoes, tiffany and co, polo ralph lauren, polo ralph lauren outlet, louis vuitton outlet stores, oakley sunglasses cheap, coach outlet store online, jordan shoes, longchamp outlet, louis vuitton handbags, michael kors outlet, prada handbags, michael kors outlet, louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, air max, prada outlet, gucci outlet, true religion jeans, oakley sunglasses, ray ban sunglasses, louboutin shoes, kate spade handbags

oakleyses said...

abercrombie and fitch, nike roshe run, nfl jerseys, rolex watches, marc jacobs, canada goose, canada goose jackets, beats by dre, ugg boots, asics running shoes, jimmy choo outlet, birkin bag, valentino shoes, canada goose, reebok outlet, mac cosmetics, new balance shoes, mcm handbags, uggs, hollister, ugg australia, ghd, herve leger, ferragamo shoes, insanity workout, ugg boots clearance, lululemon outlet, soccer shoes, canada goose, bottega veneta, north face outlet, babyliss pro, giuseppe zanotti, chi flat iron, ugg, instyler, wedding dresses, ugg pas cher, north face jackets, uggs outlet, soccer jerseys, canada goose outlet, vans shoes, celine handbags, mont blanc, p90x, ugg boots